We are very excited to announce that our very own Tricia Peters has been named as one of the finalists for the AFA Female Excellence in Advice award. From a large pool of nominees Australia-wide, Tricia has been shortlisted to one of three finalists who will attend the AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns late next month.
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and leading life insurance specialist TAL established the award in 2011. Submissions from nominees are assessed by a panel of experts and the award is given to the female financial adviser judged to have made the most significant contribution to clients, the financial advice profession and the wider community with a particular emphasis on financial literacy work with women in the community and their client base.
The award was established to:
- encourage greater participation by females in leadership roles within financial advice
- encourage more females to choose a career in financial advice
- balance the gender equation in our industry
- provide clients with more choice when obtaining advice, and
- take a strategic first step towards addressing the issues of female under-insurance and generally low levels of women’s superannuation savings.
Tricia Peters is one of the founders and directors of MELCA, and her advice to so many of our clients over the years has been invaluable. This nomination cements the important work that she does with families and individuals. Congratulations Tricia, we’re all extremely proud of you and wishing you all the best for the final announcement.